Comment history

B_I_D___ says...

The silly part about that is the DPM himself was looking down the barrel of a gun...and is shrugging it off saying it was no big deal...THAT is what we have to deal with. Maybe they should have shot his wife, or some other member of the household (god forbid) and he would be singing a tune. I sympathize with Moss' statements, the people in power to make changes simply are not, they are doing it lip service, and even that, they are not doing very well at.

B_I_D___ says...

They still talking about this crap? Pay teh people...this is ALMOST as bad as the whole BTC discussions...*sigh*

B_I_D___ says...

I didn't even know you could borrow those antiques...let alone for a drunken motorcade celebration...man...I gotta get me those for my next party!! How do I apply?

B_I_D___ says...

Anarchy is here.

B_I_D___ says...

10,000 jobs...bahahahahaha...people really do buy into that crap...and I am not saying you did...just the whole notion of it...and the masses buy it. Just like the solution to crime. ROTFL Oh and no new taxation...PML!!!

On Pair of gunmen rob pre-school

Posted 8 January 2014, 8:57 a.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

Unfortunately Rory, not many people realize that and time and time again there are reports from well known agencies that list us in amongst other Caribbean countries. I can only surmize that because we compete directly with other Caribbean countries in various markets, tourism, banking, etc, that we are lumped into a lot of comparisions with 'other Caribbean' countries. Does that mean the report is wrong?? Not exactly, just that the guy did not differentiate the fact that the Bahamas, although it borders other Caribbean countries and has similar dynamics, it is actually in the Atlantic and should be lumped in with Bermuda more than the others. Even our own Tourism board play off on the Caribbean comparisons. You don't see them spouting to come visit our beautiful islands in the Atlantic. They always swing more to the Caribbean as they are our competition. To turn around and say the report is full of sh*t isn't completely accurate...they just added us into a comparison with similar countries.

B_I_D___ says...

Agreed...and I like your last comment...Where there is no shame, there can be no real pride...that pretty much sums it up. People are happy to run around adn fight and kill one another out of PRIDE...but I think they forgot the shame part...or that it is OK not to be perfect, they get so up in your face about telling them they are doing something wrong because you 'hurt their pride'. You can learn from your mistakes and better yourselves and educate yourselves in the way of life, without running about having to shoot one another cause you looked at his gal sideways or said something about his mamma. *sigh*

On DNA leader calls for curfew to tackle crime

Posted 7 January 2014, 3:24 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

I hate to sound callous...but a number of these stories are coming up lately where people are inquiring about the whereabouts of people they know who were transiting through the Bahamas, most likely illegally, trying to gain access into the US by illegal means...and we are being held accountable for these people and their whereabouts? Their entire intent of being in the Bahamas is to conduct an illegal operation...not even to stay here, just to use us as a jumping point...to do something illegal. Sorry, don't have much time for it.

B_I_D___ says...

I have never had the pleasure of meeting him, just hearing from others...don't know the poster commonsense below, but I guess what I was told was not far from it.

On DNA leader calls for curfew to tackle crime

Posted 7 January 2014, 3:08 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

I've had a couple people who've had some closer interactions with Bran...one of them went so far as to say he may suffer from some sort of Napoleon Complex. He is of shorter statue, and seems to feel the need to overcompensate and make himself bigger than he really his, very full of himself, and very opinionated. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you reach a point where you've just had enough and don't want to listen to it anymore.

On DNA leader calls for curfew to tackle crime

Posted 7 January 2014, 1:54 p.m. Suggest removal