Comment history

B_I_D___ says...

The problem there is that you are assuming all illegal minded people do t he right thing and clear their boats through customs. There are no safeguards in place to stop any boat from entering this country and just pulling up at a random dock somewhere...offloading, then going to formally clear customs with te illegal cargo done gone out of sight.

On Three dead, two injured in shootings

Posted 1 January 2014, 2:56 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

Bring on the New Year!! We've got records to break!! Everyone off to a good start. Police dem mussy be too busy partying New Years Eve to be out on patrols.

On Three dead, two injured in shootings

Posted 1 January 2014, 11:41 a.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

We can't do diddley here!! Enforcement? HA!!

On Fields of marijuana worth $250,000 found

Posted 31 December 2013, 4 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

Very VERY bad idea and a terrible precedent to set. I'm all for rounding up the illegals...got my 100% backing on that...but as a citizen of this country I wholeheartedly object to having to carry 'proof of residency' in my own country. Thankfully, that will never be a problem for me personally, with my skin colour and prominent last name, they don't have to question me to the point I need to show proof of residency, but still, I object to the concept of it. So MANY ways that is the wrong path to head down. Alarm bells of epic proportions go off in my head with horror stories of histories bad side world wide, this is just one notch in that direction.

On Say 'no' to a national ID card

Posted 31 December 2013, 3:03 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

I heard it said in a recent conversation that because of all the warnings, and bulletins posted on the cruise ship that less than one third of the passengers disembark the ship while in port in Nassau. That's impressive!! We've done well as a third world country... *sigh*

B_I_D___ says...

Agreed...I will pull no punches and say outright that I voted FNM, not going to dispute it, they were not perfect, but they did get a fair bit of work done with infrastructure, so I will grant them that. Not shy of saying I am no fan of the PLP, but they are really outdoing themselves this time around. Sadly, there is no solid FNM to fall back on when the PLP implodes. Not even sure the DNA are up to the task but at least they are not the FNM and PLP bedfellows of yesteryear. I do hope that a solid alternative political party develops...and develops fast, because I have no faith whatsoever in either the existing PLP or the blown apart FNM.

On Murder toll rises as body found in bushes

Posted 31 December 2013, 1:53 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

I have it from a very solid source that they travelled in a Chinese registered corporate jet...very interesting...

On Bahamian delegation at Dolphins game

Posted 31 December 2013, 1:44 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

apparently it doesn't...just like VAT, the PLP party has bills to pay, and one of those bills is to the webshops that help fund their campaign. They thought it was a slam dunk in the referendum and ended up with mud in their face...still gotta pay back those numbers bosses, so they will pass a law anyways. There was never ANY intention of shutting the places down...EVER.

B_I_D___ says...

So despite the resounding NO from the people, the government is essentially saying they are still going to look into pushing for laws to legalize it.
Brilliant!!

B_I_D___ says...

I was actually surprised and dumbfounded to read that we did NOT have a gang unit already in action. The government...both of them, should have had a gang unit in place for YEARS!! The police should have created the gang unit years ago, regardless of governments...just another example of how the police do nothing with their own initiative, they need to wait until the politicians (who have no clue as to what policing is about) come up with some ideas and force them to implement something. The police force should be creating these task forces on their own initiative...unless of course they are truly just government puppets.

On PM reveals plan to tackle crime

Posted 31 December 2013, 12:06 p.m. Suggest removal