Comment history

DDK says...

"When asked about the estranged relationship between himself and Dr Minnis, Rev McAlpine said: "I don't know and I am beginning to ask myself the same question. I don't know if I've done anything to the Prime Minister. If I said anything to the Prime Minister, I am sorry. But I want to publicly apologise if I have offended him personally or publicly, that was never my intention."

Easy answer, Rev. McAlpine. - you simply do not agree with him on all issues. Apparently a big no no! I shouldn't have thought public apologies were necessary. Perhaps the proverbial "whip" is on at all times.

DDK says...

You appear to be right on both counts, Comrade! Bahamas public healthcare is almost non-existent at present. This capitalism thing is not working for most.

DDK says...

"The transaction related to the actual sale of property is VAT exempt, but the materials used are taxable supplies, so they can be reclaimed."

So, currently, is the or stamp tax still in place on real estate sales for these foreign developers? I believe the majority of them pay no customs duty on their building supplies under the so-called Hotels Encouragement Act.

DDK says...

That is so rich! Hypocrisy of the highest order on the part of the "web shops".

On Web shops partner to fight gaming addiction

Posted 5 October 2018, 3:15 p.m. Suggest removal

DDK says...

If the individual's mental state WAS that impaired, it still begs to question the entitlement of holding office. As you say, at this point many of the issues are allegations, however, there do appear to exist unpaid bills to government entities..............

On MP ‘owes’ $100k in unpaid utilities

Posted 5 October 2018, 1:51 p.m. Suggest removal

DDK says...

Amazing that we have to listen to all of this drivel about who is going to take how many millions from the Bahamian people. Like the massive travel expenses, it would be wonderful if somebody in the know would publish an idea of how much these money grabbers take in annually, monthly, weekly daily, how much they pay out to the gamblers and how much to the Government. These figures, like those of the VAT money, should be flashed on bill boards all around the country. Maybe then the fools who feed these sharks would see just how much of their earnings are sucked into their bottomless pit bellies.

DDK says...

I thought we were broke and could not afford to pay the doctors we have in PHA. They are getting ready to take a strike vote. 50 grants? get real! How many years do they have to put in before they can hang up their white coats for seats in the H.O.A.?

On Govt waiting for details of UWI students

Posted 5 October 2018, 11:49 a.m. Suggest removal

DDK says...

Second that!

On Lighthouse Point and Disney deal

Posted 5 October 2018, 11:40 a.m. Suggest removal

DDK says...

Why willingly destroy what's left of our poor country? Oil rig jobs are high risk as well. If you want to work on a rig, try the Gulf, or maybe the North Sea where it's nice and cool!

DDK says...

Another BINGO!