Comment history

ohdrap4 says...

Sadly this is an uncouth trait, common enough to be cultural.

I avoid participating in any potluck events because people will approach you and give a verdict: 'needs sugar', 'needs salt', or even worse 'I don't like it'.

I always used to thank people for preparing the food and would never reveal if I did not like something.

The program is a start. The tuna is the healthiest option.

ohdrap4 says...

Ditto.

On BOB rejects $33m ArawakX demand

Posted 9 November 2023, 2:33 p.m. Suggest removal

ohdrap4 says...

He was declaring in rupees folks.

ohdrap4 says...

What? Is no one shedding tears for the accountants?

ohdrap4 says...

Speaking of prices, the food stocks in major food stores appear reduced for grits, rice, canned soup. And the traffic in food stores is reduced as well.

ohdrap4 says...

> Bahamians do not answer telephone calls at some banking institutions

They do not answer at BPL either.

And, when I called 919 to report a bush fire, they transferred to a recording saying to leave a message. Yep, hey the place is on fire, please call me back.

ohdrap4 says...

Give them a one way ticket to new York city.

Problem with all this wokeness is that you will find one exception to stop the carnival.

There will always be someone unfairly advantaged.

ohdrap4 says...

Well I will not say anything about cronyism.
But those premises, compared to the stadium, look might cramped to me. Also the road to the stadium is relatively low traffic where the TWD highway is already a problematic road in rush hour.

ohdrap4 says...

The problem will be greatly reduced if employers were to be charged and fined 10000 with hiring illegal immigrants. I recall ONE, ONE employer from Freeport being charged years ago and never heard of an outcome.

Other employers pay a housing allowance , but the employee pockets it. In that case they should cancel the permit.

From time to time there is a report of how many permits were granted, but they never report how many were declined and how many were canceled.

ohdrap4 says...

Back in the day, if a person landed while the work permit was in process, he would work and the permit would be retroactive to the start date.
And Nib was issued at start date.

Now I am told people work for months without a permit and NIB until time of approval. During this period GOVT collects nothing . I find this policy very strange.