Comment history

B_I_D___ says...

Someone stated previously, all this data is collected to some extent with the Census. Done by a trained and specialized team of people with specific qualifications who know how to handle the acquired data with the sensitivity that privacy that goes along with that...the UR team gonna gossip all that around town and probably scope out your house and let the local thugs know which house to hit next!!

B_I_D___ says...

Anything that alters your mind in such a way that you may not have committed a crime if you were not in that state of mind of intoxication, drugs alcohol, whatever. All joking aside...and the above comments are no real joke, I think it all stems from the concept of premeditated murder and manslaughter, for the murder conviction to stick, you need to have been of clear mind and planned the murder...the catch was someone was convicted of murder and was highly intoxicated...in appeals it got overturned as he should not have been charged with murder, but should have been charged with manslaughter, or second degree manslaughter, some lesser charge. That case is now in the law books...I'm no lawyer so I may not be 100% in my terminology here, but I think you get the gist of what I am trying to describe.

B_I_D___ says...

Far too logical...what on earth are you thinking!! That is profiling and preferential...who says he wasn't going to go run in the bushes and hide...*sigh*

On Govt says sorry to UBS executive

Posted 16 January 2014, 2:32 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

There is case law already out there to use this as a defense...essentially, all laws are null and void if you are drunk...you cannot be held responsible for your actions. Word to the wise...keep a shorty with you at all times...when you do something stupid, take a quick swig before the police arrive and claim drunkenness.

B_I_D___ says...

Oh yes...I forgot that little gem!! If you are drunk, you are not legally responsible for your actions in this country...FACT.
Where's my rum...need to go on a killing spree!! Better yet...let me get drunk, and drive and speed and run red lights...I am not bound to any law as I am not responsible for my actions while intoxicated.

B_I_D___ says...

The Swiss are very conservative and for the most part try to avoid the spotlight. I am betting he is just jumping out of his skin seeing his name and picture dragged through the newspapers. Probably horrified!!

On Govt says sorry to UBS executive

Posted 16 January 2014, 2:01 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

the friendliness vibe went out the window with Independence and our dear departed SLOP brainwashing of our populace.

On Govt says sorry to UBS executive

Posted 16 January 2014, 2 p.m. Suggest removal

B_I_D___ says...

So 51% of the murders are solved...really? Have they all gone to court and proven guilty? Best you use the term 'solved' very carefully...in another 10 years when the case finally goes to court it will likely be overturned or dropped do to some forensic or procedural flaw...then your solved stats go straight out the window.

B_I_D___ says...

The problem is, we are not civilized down here, and we are not law abiding...your point 1...ban all weapons...they already are, it's not enforced...May not be only shotguns, think it includes all manually loaded 'long arms', shotguns and rifles, things like that, but definitely no handguns. As for the rest...good luck with passing those laws, Would need to dedicate an entire island to house the prison population, plus all your crying civil rights people would cry foul over privacy concerns. Break from the Privy Council and get back to hanging...heck...I kind of like the guillotine!!

B_I_D___ says...

Agreed...he did not have his documents...GUILTY...did he say he was legal and could present the documents in short order? He probably would have driven the length of the island and back again to show the documents to that same officer, it's not like he was hiding some big state secret and being deceitful is all I am trying to say.

Back to the Common sense thing...

On Govt says sorry to UBS executive

Posted 16 January 2014, 1:03 p.m. Suggest removal