They are hooligans and it is a form of harassment...while Mr. Fiaux's case is slightly different as he IS here on a work permit, I do believe there are requirements to carry your permit with you. Was the roughness necessary though...when he tells you he is the head of one of the largest Swiss banks in the world, I'd like to think that you could request for him to follow up with certain officers and get the papers for proof. I'm willing to bet if he was asked he would have gone to wherever the papers were and returned out of pride to show those same officers. Now...in my situation...as a Bahamian citizen of this country, if they so much as touch me and take me down to the detention centre they will have lawsuits all over themselves so dang fast it will make their heads spin.
It's not so much...support any more...it's a sympathy/pity thing...he's clearly never going to run or get elected again so let's just give him our support for the next 3 years while he runs the country into the ground.
As bad as the Haitian invasion is, I have no real problem with their being a disparity in the fines. When I look at the various Caribbean islands out there, I could probably safely say that the Haitians are the worst off...way worse than any Jamaican. Heck...the Jamaican was here legally at first, whether it be as a tourist or on a temporary work permit, probably flew in on a relatively comfortable plane. Willing to bet most if not all the haitians in that batch came in riding on a cramped boat on the verge of sinking with 100+ of other people wallowing in their own feces. I do have a bit more sympathy with the Haitians and what they get fined...its a double standard I know, but I'll admit to it. In terms of desperate situations, they win.
I can only guess it goes like this...the Haitians entered illegally...probably on one of the many boats/sloops...probably don't have 2 dimes to rub together. The Jamaican entered the country legally, obviously found work and was likely working illegally and has $$...but this is pure guesstimation at this point, could be way off base.
It's official...he's on some sort of illicit drugs...LSD maybe...maybe he's tweaking out on meth. Economic growth...HA!! Businesses nationwide are already slowing down their buying and trimming their stock in preparation of the VAT disaster that is pending. Businesses threatening to close altogether. The honest businessman will get shafted again while the others that do not play by the rules, continue to get away with dodging customs fees, not paying property taxes, not paying NIB, etc, etc. If VAT becomes reality July 1st, the economy will TANK and crime will spike as people won't be able to afford their rent or their food.
Actually Sheeprunner, you are not...you do not have to have your drivers license or insurance papers on you...not in the Bahamas anyways...elsewhere in the world yes. You have 24-48 hours to present your documents at the booking police station.
B_I_D___ says...
They are hooligans and it is a form of harassment...while Mr. Fiaux's case is slightly different as he IS here on a work permit, I do believe there are requirements to carry your permit with you. Was the roughness necessary though...when he tells you he is the head of one of the largest Swiss banks in the world, I'd like to think that you could request for him to follow up with certain officers and get the papers for proof. I'm willing to bet if he was asked he would have gone to wherever the papers were and returned out of pride to show those same officers. Now...in my situation...as a Bahamian citizen of this country, if they so much as touch me and take me down to the detention centre they will have lawsuits all over themselves so dang fast it will make their heads spin.
On Top bank executive detained at immigration road block
Posted 15 January 2014, 12:43 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
It's not so much...support any more...it's a sympathy/pity thing...he's clearly never going to run or get elected again so let's just give him our support for the next 3 years while he runs the country into the ground.
On PM admits concern for his safety as he details crime crackdown
Posted 15 January 2014, 12:15 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
As bad as the Haitian invasion is, I have no real problem with their being a disparity in the fines. When I look at the various Caribbean islands out there, I could probably safely say that the Haitians are the worst off...way worse than any Jamaican. Heck...the Jamaican was here legally at first, whether it be as a tourist or on a temporary work permit, probably flew in on a relatively comfortable plane. Willing to bet most if not all the haitians in that batch came in riding on a cramped boat on the verge of sinking with 100+ of other people wallowing in their own feces. I do have a bit more sympathy with the Haitians and what they get fined...its a double standard I know, but I'll admit to it. In terms of desperate situations, they win.
On Pregnant woman among group of suspected illegal immigrants facing court
Posted 15 January 2014, 11:41 a.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
It's only a matter of time before there is an epic bus disaster with multiple deaths, these Jitney drivers are a menace!!
On Bus knocked into air by crash lands on beach
Posted 15 January 2014, 11:29 a.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
I can only guess it goes like this...the Haitians entered illegally...probably on one of the many boats/sloops...probably don't have 2 dimes to rub together. The Jamaican entered the country legally, obviously found work and was likely working illegally and has $$...but this is pure guesstimation at this point, could be way off base.
On Pregnant woman among group of suspected illegal immigrants facing court
Posted 14 January 2014, 3:46 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
PGC...Prefers Gorging on Crack.
On PM promises no economy shrink from tax reform
Posted 14 January 2014, 3:23 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
It's official...he's on some sort of illicit drugs...LSD maybe...maybe he's tweaking out on meth. Economic growth...HA!! Businesses nationwide are already slowing down their buying and trimming their stock in preparation of the VAT disaster that is pending. Businesses threatening to close altogether. The honest businessman will get shafted again while the others that do not play by the rules, continue to get away with dodging customs fees, not paying property taxes, not paying NIB, etc, etc. If VAT becomes reality July 1st, the economy will TANK and crime will spike as people won't be able to afford their rent or their food.
On PM: Economy poised for growth
Posted 14 January 2014, 3:14 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
Bingo!!
On US hands over $431,000 of equipment to boost maritime security
Posted 14 January 2014, 12:12 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
Did they keep the boat? I would not return the vessel...and still collect the fines!!
On $50,000 fine for captain, $1,000 for each crew member for illegal fishing
Posted 14 January 2014, 12:04 p.m. Suggest removal
B_I_D___ says...
Actually Sheeprunner, you are not...you do not have to have your drivers license or insurance papers on you...not in the Bahamas anyways...elsewhere in the world yes. You have 24-48 hours to present your documents at the booking police station.
On PM admits concern for his safety as he details crime crackdown
Posted 14 January 2014, 12:02 p.m. Suggest removal