I agree with you, and have no love for Ms. Nonord. However, if she has attacked police and immigration officers there should be no problem in the police prosecutors bringing her to justice and getting a guilty verdict on the merits.
There is no need for all the interference with counsel, physical abuse of the prisoner, snide remarks, etc.
While I personally would love to see Ms. Nonord - who it appears in the press is a defender of illegal immigrants - placed behind bars and made an example of - but if the allegations of Mr. Gibson are true about the conditions of her detention and the conduct of the police officers then I would prefer that a Judge set her free with apologies for the conditions and treatment she endured.
This would then teach the police a lesson - that they need to bring people to justice in the right way - otherwise the Court will set them free with the apology of the state. That way they might begin to understand what Constitutional rights are all about.
Trust me, though, there is no Judge in this country that will set her free for this reason. It is also forbidden in our Constitution for a citizen (like me) to speak ill of the Justice system - and so I can say no more, except that I hope true justice will be served in this and all cases and I hold out faith in the system.
I thought he said he wasn't invited to the management meetings with the new partners in BEC? So why is he still riding on his horse? I have not problem with him, but if he has been snubbed out of the loop - why don't he just keep quiet and chill?
TheMadHatter says...
And who all dem white people pictures on da wall? Das Perry dem uncle?
**TheMadHatter**
On 2015/2016 BUDGET: Deficit slashed by two thirds
Posted 28 May 2015, 12:08 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
So does that mean we ga get 2/3 less chicken and beer next election?
**TheMadHatter**
On 2015/2016 BUDGET: Deficit slashed by two thirds
Posted 28 May 2015, 12:07 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
the have-nots won't starve - they will just keep making more babies.
On 2015/2016 BUDGET: Deficit slashed by two thirds
Posted 28 May 2015, 11:57 a.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
The chairman of the Chamber of Commerce has been asking to meet with Govt for the past month - but his request has been unanswered.
Govt thinks that business will just keep making money out of thin air. When the organized boycott comes, they will be surprised.
Currently it is set for July 9th.
On 2015/2016 BUDGET: Deficit slashed by two thirds
Posted 28 May 2015, 11:53 a.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
Yep - they've been kinda quiet on catching anybody lately. Guess they're handing out passports instead.
On 2015/2016 BUDGET: Deficit slashed by two thirds
Posted 28 May 2015, 11:51 a.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I agree with you, and have no love for Ms. Nonord. However, if she has attacked police and immigration officers there should be no problem in the police prosecutors bringing her to justice and getting a guilty verdict on the merits.
There is no need for all the interference with counsel, physical abuse of the prisoner, snide remarks, etc.
While I personally would love to see Ms. Nonord - who it appears in the press is a defender of illegal immigrants - placed behind bars and made an example of - but if the allegations of Mr. Gibson are true about the conditions of her detention and the conduct of the police officers then I would prefer that a Judge set her free with apologies for the conditions and treatment she endured.
This would then teach the police a lesson - that they need to bring people to justice in the right way - otherwise the Court will set them free with the apology of the state. That way they might begin to understand what Constitutional rights are all about.
Trust me, though, there is no Judge in this country that will set her free for this reason. It is also forbidden in our Constitution for a citizen (like me) to speak ill of the Justice system - and so I can say no more, except that I hope true justice will be served in this and all cases and I hold out faith in the system.
**TheMadHatter**
On YOUNG MAN'S VIEW: Conduct unbecoming at Carmichael Road police station
Posted 23 May 2015, 12:02 a.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
That is because the CHURCH teaches Bahamians to multiply - even though they don't know their times-tables.
On Cotton Bay developer: ‘Open up’ work permits
Posted 22 May 2015, 8:09 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
True Dat
On Cotton Bay developer: ‘Open up’ work permits
Posted 22 May 2015, 8:08 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
true dat
On Digicel leaves: we lose
Posted 22 May 2015, 8:06 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I thought he said he wasn't invited to the management meetings with the new partners in BEC? So why is he still riding on his horse? I have not problem with him, but if he has been snubbed out of the loop - why don't he just keep quiet and chill?
**TheMadHatter**
On Generator’s installation ‘ends need’ for load shedding
Posted 15 May 2015, 11:39 a.m. Suggest removal