Exactly, the Church ranks at least in the top 5 of biggest problems we have in this country. Oh how I wish they could all just disappear overnight. Then we might start to focus on life instead of death.
I agree. While we do relish our Junkanoo - we need to move forward into the 21st century and try to improve our product a wee bit and get it more publicity.
Good stuff. Thanks also to Danny Johnson (whom I don't know) and to Perry Christie for allowing new things to come alive in this drowning nation. We sure need a breath of fresh air.
The people who want to keep the old stuff just the way it was, can take comfort in having Lady Pindling in Govt House. LOL.
I don't think the Council is too worried about the colour. They just know these Islamic outfits will be the opposite of the fine bikini style outfit they complained about yesterday.
It is their goal in life to cover up God's handiwork, and teach that his creations are disgusting and indecent.
At the same time, they have no problem with teenage pregnancy cause that helps to fill seats and get some money in the plate.
Butler-Turner and Cash should not have said all of what they said. Esp. Turner. She should have simply said, "The Convention had an open election for leader and Dr. Minnis was selected by the delegates. As a loyal FNM, I support his leadership and stand ready to assist in way he may ask me to."
Simple. I like Ms. Turner, but I think she would be better served by standing on the sidelines and letting people see Minnis for who he really is all by themselves. Everyone will remember that she was the other choice, and eventually realize they made the wrong choice.
Instead she wants to start talking about 2017. Simply not needed at this time.
I was in a restaurant today and I am not joking or making this up - FOUR freaking women walked in (they were together in a group) and they each had a baby in their arms about the same age (less than a year old). FOUR !!!!!!!!!!
I just said to myself, man these people can't be shopping at the same grocery store I shop at. The sloops have got to be smuggling them in duty free food.
Wonder how expensive life has to get before people think twice about having kids? Apparently things are simply not expensive enough yet. Maybe when VAT gets raised up to 18%? Maybe not even then.
These are the new JunkanooCarnival costumes currently being shipped in by the Christian Council for use in the upcoming celebrations. They are getting cheap prices on them from Iraq.
TheMadHatter says...
2017, the day after the election. that will be the time appropriate time - LOL
On Attorney General ‘will speak about BEC bribe’
Posted 29 January 2015, 4:59 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I think a lot o em want Pindling back.
On Roberts queries Hunt resignation
Posted 29 January 2015, 3:40 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
Exactly, the Church ranks at least in the top 5 of biggest problems we have in this country. Oh how I wish they could all just disappear overnight. Then we might start to focus on life instead of death.
**TheMadHatter**
On POLITICOLE: Low quality of life reflects poor education of Bahamians
Posted 29 January 2015, 12:05 a.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I agree. While we do relish our Junkanoo - we need to move forward into the 21st century and try to improve our product a wee bit and get it more publicity.
Good stuff. Thanks also to Danny Johnson (whom I don't know) and to Perry Christie for allowing new things to come alive in this drowning nation. We sure need a breath of fresh air.
The people who want to keep the old stuff just the way it was, can take comfort in having Lady Pindling in Govt House. LOL.
**TheMadHatter**
On Council’s concerns on Carnival to be considered, says minister
Posted 28 January 2015, 10:55 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I don't think the Council is too worried about the colour. They just know these Islamic outfits will be the opposite of the fine bikini style outfit they complained about yesterday.
It is their goal in life to cover up God's handiwork, and teach that his creations are disgusting and indecent.
At the same time, they have no problem with teenage pregnancy cause that helps to fill seats and get some money in the plate.
**TheMadHatter**
On Council’s concerns on Carnival to be considered, says minister
Posted 28 January 2015, 9:39 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
Butler-Turner and Cash should not have said all of what they said. Esp. Turner. She should have simply said, "The Convention had an open election for leader and Dr. Minnis was selected by the delegates. As a loyal FNM, I support his leadership and stand ready to assist in way he may ask me to."
Simple. I like Ms. Turner, but I think she would be better served by standing on the sidelines and letting people see Minnis for who he really is all by themselves. Everyone will remember that she was the other choice, and eventually realize they made the wrong choice.
Instead she wants to start talking about 2017. Simply not needed at this time.
**TheMadHatter**
On Roberts queries Hunt resignation
Posted 28 January 2015, 8:50 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I was in a restaurant today and I am not joking or making this up - FOUR freaking women walked in (they were together in a group) and they each had a baby in their arms about the same age (less than a year old). FOUR !!!!!!!!!!
I just said to myself, man these people can't be shopping at the same grocery store I shop at. The sloops have got to be smuggling them in duty free food.
Wonder how expensive life has to get before people think twice about having kids? Apparently things are simply not expensive enough yet. Maybe when VAT gets raised up to 18%? Maybe not even then.
**TheMadHatter**
On BEC customers will pay full 7.5% on bills
Posted 28 January 2015, 8:38 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
These are the new JunkanooCarnival costumes currently being shipped in by the Christian Council for use in the upcoming celebrations. They are getting cheap prices on them from Iraq.
They're sure to be a hit.
**TheMadHatter**
http://tribune242.com/users/photos/2015…
On Council’s concerns on Carnival to be considered, says minister
Posted 28 January 2015, 8:29 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
I wonder what home page the browsers are set at? LOL
**TheMadHatter**
On Computers donated to school by web shop
Posted 28 January 2015, 8:23 p.m. Suggest removal
TheMadHatter says...
Hey, it's a quick weight loss plan. Lose 5 pounds in under 5 minutes !!! Watch out Richard Simmons, you got competition !!!
**TheMadHatter**
On Shark bite victim: I’ll be back in the water
Posted 28 January 2015, 8:19 p.m. Suggest removal